QuarkXPress 10.x and QuarkXPress 2015
Windows 7, Mac OS 10.9.x & 10.10.x
- Navigate to C (or root drive):\Program Files\Quark\QuarkXPress 2015\Tools
- Here double click on the file named as QuarkCacheCleaner to clear the cache.
- Go to C:\Users\(current logged in user)\AppData\Local\Quark and rename the folder QuarkXPress 2015 named as QuarkXPress 2015OLD
- Quit all the running applications and navigate to Start > Run and type %temp% and delete all the temp files at this location
- Launch QuarkXPress and open the problematic project
- Navigate to QuarkXPress application folder > Tools. Here double click on the file named as QuarkCacheCleaner to clear the cache
- Create new folder inside QuarkXPress folder with the name Preferences
- In case, Preferences folder is already created inside QuarkXPress folder then rename this folder as PreferencesOld and create new folder and name it as Preferences.
- Kindly perform the below mentioned steps to remove the temp files from your machine:
- Switch to Finder of your Mac machine
- Navigate to Go > Go to Folder...(Go to folder window opens)
- Type /var and click on Go button
- It would open the hidden var folder.
- Here navigate to folders folder and it would display list of folders
- In these folders and their sub folders, you need to search the folder with the name T (as shown in attached screenshot)
- In the T folder please delete all the contents inside TemporaryItems folder. (Note: You may get folders with different names inside folders folder on your machine but you need to reach the location T/TemporaryItems)
- Restart your machine and launch QuarkXPress
- Open the problematic project and verify the issue.