Our Technical Support Portal has changed as we have moved to a new platform. Please visit support.quark.com to access your support tickets or to log a new ticket with us. All our existing customers should look for an email from email@example.com for activation of their New Support Account. If you face any difficulty in accessing the new portal, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When troubleshooting this problem, you should revert to running under Rosetta emulation only after all other troubleshooting methods have been exhausted. In the case reported for defect 468947, the customer had 4 virtual network adapters configured for Parallels. For this customer the Issue was resolved after disabling the virtual network adapters. If you have a customer that can only run under emulation who is not running Parallels, please obtain an Apple System Profiler report from the customer, the crash log, and any other pertinent information. Then escalate the problem to QA so that a defect can be written against this behavior
Disable the multiple Parallels virtual network adapters.
To run QuarkXPress 8 or 9 under Rosetta emulation:
1. Go to the following location in the Finder: Hard Drive\ Applications\ QuarkXPress 8.
2. Select the QuarkXPress 8.x or 9.x application file.
3. Press Command I while the application file is selected.
4. In the Info dialog box, under General, select the checkbox for the option Open using Rosetta.
5. Close the Info dialog box and re-launch QuarkXPress 8 or 9.Solution 3: