App Studio offers a variety of support plans to meet your needs. A Bronze Support Plan is included by default with all App Studio plans and provides access to the Knowledge Base, documentation and forums for instant answers 24x7.
Note that personalized support through tickets and Live Chat is only available with Silver and Gold Support Plans – purchasable separately.
If you purchased a Silver or Gold App Studio Support Plan, your Support Center Account will be setup for you by our team within 48 business hours of your plan purchase. An email will be sent to you containing a password reset link, which you need to click on. Please remember to check your Spam folder in the event you do not receive your email.
IMPORTANT: Your Support Center Account is separate to any existing App Studio accounts you may have created in the App Studio Portal. Those login credentials will not work with the Support Center, you will have to be signed up for Support plan to login.
App Studio is the leading cloud-based HTML5 solution that turns print into interactive award-winning tablet and smartphone experiences.
Our support team is here to answer all your questions about Quark products including QuarkXPress and Quark Enterprise Solutions. Check out our online knowledge base, documentation site and forums for instant answers 24x7.
If you have a current maintenance plan or are within your free support period you can also contact us directly through our online chat as well as My Support where you can submit tickets and fully manage and track your support history.
If you are a Quark customer and have a current maintenance or support contract we already have your support account setup for you. Please check out our knowledge base article for details on how to get started.
Any new purchase of QuarkXPress includes 60 days of free support and access to the support portal. To get your 60 days of free support you must first register, click here to register your copy of QuarkXPress. Note that it can take 2-3 hours for your support account to activate after registering QuarkXPress. Once active, you will be notified via email.
Welcome to Quark's IT Help Desk your single point of contact for assistance with IT related queries. You can create a help desk ticket which will be routed to the appropriate IT Help Desk engineer to research and correct your issue.
Quark's IT Help Desk is committed to providing the support you need to make the most of your every day work experience.
To log a Help Desk ticket, please use the sign in option at the top of the page.
Quark IT Support
When you launch QuarkXPress, some conflicting components may prevent the application from loading properly. The XPress Preferences file, fonts, XTensions, printer descriptions or other supporting files may be damaged or incompatible.
Solution: Rebuild a new set of Preferences in the local QuarkXPress folder. To do so:
For Mac OS 10.3.x - 10.5.x:
1. If the application crashes, Force Quit out of QuarkXPress.
2. On the Finder level, go to the Hard Drive > Applications > QuarkXPress folder.
3. Inside the QuarkXPress folder, create a new folder by going to File > New Folder
4. Label the new folder Preferences (use an upper case P - It is important that Preferences be spelled correctly).
5. Launch QuarkXPress from the QuarkXPress folder.
For Windows XP:
1. If the application crashes or freezes, use Control-Alt-Delete to bring up the Task Manager and End Task on QuarkXPress.
2. Open the C Drive:/ Program Files > Quark > QuarkXPress.
3. Next, inside the QuarkXPress folder, create a new folder
4. Label the new folder Preferences (use an upper case P - It is important that Preferences is spelled correctly).
5. Launch QuarkXPress from the QuarkXPress folder.
For Windows Vista: Under Windows Vista, a Preferences folder within the QuarkXPress folder will not be read by QuarkXPress or populated with the individual preferences files. In order to build a new set of preferences, you will need to navigate to the location in Windows Vista where these are stored. To do so, you must be in Classic View and show hidden files.
Steps to go into Classic View:
1. Close all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2. Right-click on desktop and choose Personalize from the pop-up menu.
3. The Personalization window displays.
4. Choose Window Color; then choose Appearance.
5. Choose Windows Classic.
6. Click OK.
7. Close the Personalization window.
Steps to show hidden files:
1. Click Start > Computer.
2. The Computer window opens. Click the question mark icon in the top right corner of the window.
3. The Windows Help and Support window displays. Type 'hidden' in the Search field and begin the search.
4. A list of search options shows in the Help and Support window.
5. Choose Show Hidden Files.
6. Choose Click to Open Folder Options. The Folder Options window displays.
7. Choose the View tab.
8. Click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
9. Click OK. The Folder Options window closes.
Steps to locate the QuarkXPress Preferences files:
1. Click Start > Computer. The Computer window opens.
2. Go to C: drive > Users > your user name > AppData (hidden file that is now displayed) > Local > Quark > QuarkXPress 7 (or 8)
3. All of the QuarkXPress preferences will be located in this folder.
Once you have located the QuarkXPress 7 (or 8) folder, you can move the existing preferences to a different location or deleted them. Then relaunch QuarkXPress